Sunday, December 4, 2016

Letter to Myself

Dear Me,

    Although I feel that I am getting stronger and stronger in my master's program, I know that there is still much to be done before I can classify myself as an official educator. I still have many tasks and challenges that i need to face so that I can be fully prepared to take on a class under my wing. Even though the journey has not yet ended, here is what I do know about myself so far.
    I know that I have managed to complete every single assignment from every single different class and always handed them in on time. I have managed to work multiple jobs at one time, maintain a social life, attend at important events and get good grades throughout every single semester of my college years. I know that i have corrected mt mistakes at every chance that I was given and took constructive criticism very seriously whenever it was given to me. I know that my writing capabilities have improved tremendously and I know that I have a natural way of connecting with the students in terms of how to help them learn their historical content.
    My strengths are that I know how to organize information and make it relatable to background knowledge so that it becomes easier to remember for the students. I also know how to apply cultural pedagogy/relevancy to my lesson plans so that they are creative, differentiated and the students have an easier time comprehending the material. Through this program I have learned how to become a more patient person. I have also learned how to use technology to make my time more efficient.
    My weaknesses are that there is still a lot of learning and preparing to do when it comes to formulating successful lesson plans. I also need more live experience on direct instruction with the students. Lastly, I have to get into the habit of using more technological tools to my lesson plans so that I have a variety of apps that I can use at any time to make my lecture time in class more interesting.
    In terms of being a teacher, I want to be the kind that the students always remember because of how much fun they had but also because of how much information they were able to retain. I want to form an extremely active and productive classroom. I want my lesson plans to be filled with activities, games, illustrations and videos. More importantly, I want my future students to feel safe and comfortable enough so that they share their thoughts and participate frequently. Having them speak allows me to get to know their own strengths and weaknesses so that I may know how to work with them and help them academically evolve.
   
                                                                                               Yours Truly,
                                                                                                             Claudineeee ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment